Hello Friends 🙂
So glad to be back here with another yummy, yet guilt free recipe you can indulge in, absolutely GUILT FREE.
I am all about eating healthy, but also not giving up on your favourite recipes that you enjoy and absolutely love.
This year I completely switched up my nutrition. I kinda found myself giving up on a lot of CARBY stuff, without even noticing. I guess including many healthy fats helps me stay full for longer hours that I don’t even want to eat a lot of carbs. That being said, I still enjoy home made bread every once in a while.
Last week I started craving a lot of chocolate. Specifically chocolate cake. Blame the holiday season but who knows. So as I didn’t want to just let my cravings pile up – never ends up well. I decided to come up with a super creamy low carb chocolate cake that can satisfy my cravings and also not give me the post-dessert-blues.
Here are few notes to make the best out of this low carb chocolate cake:
- I used almond flour and coconut flour. I have been making breads with coconut flour but I noticed that it crumbles so easily. So for things like a chocolate cake. You definitely want to use a different kind of flour to make it more consistent. In this case, almond flour come sin handy.
- It is better to use parchment paper at the bottom of the oiled pan to keep the cake moist, and also easy to take off the pan.
- I have to save I made a mess trying to cut the cake right out of the oven. I had to wait for about an hour to be able to cut a nice piece for this blog’s photos. So definitely let it sit for few minutes or refrigerate for better results 🙂
The cake misture
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp honey
- Stevia to taste. I used about 1 tbsp
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp semi sweetened chocolate chips
- 1 large pastured egg
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (or regular milk)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Some mixed nuts (handful)
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp water
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Vanilla flavored Stevia to taste (I used 1 tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, except the nuts. Taste to see if you need to add more Stevia.
- Oil a pan and place a parchment paper at the bottom. Pour the mixture into the pan, sprinkle with nuts and bake for about 20 minutes
- In a pot, heat the coconut milk, add the cocoa
- In a small bowl, blend coconut cream concentrate and water until smooth. Add cacao powder, and the stevia and stir until creamy. Pour the cream on the cake and refrigerate for few minutes.
- Related: low carb brownies
I hope you give this recipe a try. I am 1000% sure you are going to not believe how delicious it tastes 🙂 I went through the whole thing in two days..#sorrybutnotsorry
If you have tried almond flour in a recipe before and loved it, leave me a comment below. I’d love to hear about it.
Hey! My name is Sofia and I’m here to help you eliminate lower back pain and piriformis syndrome without spending years in pain stuck in temporary fixes. Click here to learn more about me and how I can help you…