Turmeric and aloe vera contain powerful anti-inflammatory properties that’ll help you reduce inflammation, joint pain, and arthritis.
While you can definitely consume turmeric or aloe vera dietary pills or powders, it’s always best to get your nutrients from whole foods as you’re getting enzymes and other properties in their raw state…with no processing.
Today, we’ll be combining both aloe vera and turmeric to make a delicious smoothie drink that will give your body everything it needs to boost healing and lower inflammation.
It’s refreshing, full of anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatories, and vitamins to supplement your diet.
Aloe Vera and Turmeric Benefits
Aloe vera is not only beneficial for skin renewal but it can help your body heal, regenerate and detox itself from toxins.
In fact, there have been a lot of studies like this one that shows the therapeutic effects of aloe vera to help treat inflammatory bowel disease.
I started incorporating Aloe vera into my diet when I was diagnosed with an L5/S1 disc herniation and learned about the importance of aloe vera in supporting bone regeneration. I was desperate to heal naturally so I bought a bottle of aloe vera juice and started mixing it with my juices and smoothies.
Since then, aloe vera and turmeric (in addition to ginger) have been an important part of my daily nutrition.
Benefits of Aloe vera:
- Reduce pain and inflammation and stimulate cell growth.
- Natural laxative.
- Detoxifies your body.
- It gives your immune system a boost.
- It provides amazing skincare and promotes skin repair.
Benefits of Turmeric
- Reduces inflammation.
- Fights rheumatoid arthritis.
- Ability to reduce cancer by destroying cancer cells.
- Helps manage gastrointestinal disorders.
- Natural pain killer.
Turmeric and Aloe Vera Smoothie
Full Disclosure. This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. If you decide to purchase by clicking any of these links, I get a small commission from Amazon. You won’t pay more and thank you for supporting this blog.
- I mixed a high-quality collagen protein powder with this smoothie. Collagen protein supports bone and joint health and also helps reduce inflammation.
- Here’s the aloe vera juice I use for my smoothie recipes (or to mix in other drinks). I’ve also used aloe vera gel from the same brand.
- Freshly sliced turmeric (1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 Pear
- 1 cup of cucumbers
- 1/4 cup of orange juice/raw orange
- 2 tbsp Aloe vera juice or gel
- 1 spoon of collagen protein (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together. You can add more pure orange juice for extra sweetness if you'd like.
You can use an apple instead of a pear.
Collagen protein is also beneficial for healing inflammation. But it's totally optional.
Also, check out this other turmeric smoothie recipe packed with greens
Hey! My name is Sofia and I’m here to help you eliminate lower back pain and piriformis syndrome without spending years in pain stuck in temporary fixes. Click here to learn more about me and how I can help you…